Last updated: 3/1/2018
If you are a resident of the US or Canada, these terms are an agreement between you and Caught On Camera, Inc. In these terms, references to “Caught On Camera” “us”, “we” and “our” mean either Caught On Camera App Technology or Caught On Camera, Inc., as appropriate.
By visiting the Site or using our Products you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. Any additional terms, conditions, or policies referenced or available by hyperlink at https://www.instanteyes.com/support are incorporated by reference into this Policy.
Information Collection & Use
What Information Does Caught On Camera Collect?
We collect the following personal and device information when visiting our Site or using our Product:
Personal & Account Information
- Information you provide during device setup, such as your name, email address, phone number, the location of each device, and the number of people in your home.
- Information necessary to complete a purchase from our Site, including your name, billing and shipping address, credit card information, and other information necessary to complete your transaction, as well as any other information that you choose to provide to us when making a purchase.
- If you are invited to create an account from the owner of an Caught On Camera product we will collect your name and email address from the Caught On Camera user that invited, you. Your phone number and other account details will be obtained directly from you during the setup process, provided that you accept the invitation.
- Unique identifiers such as your user name and password.
- Audio and video is collected through the device. Audio and video data is stored securely on our servers to ensure you can access it and playback footage.
- Environmental data from Caught On Camera’s sensors, such as air quality, humidity, temperature, and ambient light.
- Device Information, such as model and serial number, the Caught On Camera’s network information (including IP address), device activity logs, and historic and current device configuration.
- Information about your mobile device such as your mobile device ID (which is similar to a website IP address), device type, operating system, and mobile service carrier as well as your location if you activate automatic mode switching.
What Does Caught On Camera Use My Information For?
We collect the information identified above and use it for the following purposes:
- Provide you user services and improve the Caught On Camera Product functionality and user experience.
- To fulfill orders and process payments for the sale of Products or Services from our Site.
- Administer your account and back-up your data.
- Record log entries for your information and troubleshooting issues with your device.
- Send you notifications through the Caught On Camera app. You can manage your notification preferences within the mobile app menu.
- Send you marketing communications, where permitted by applicable law.
- To conduct research and analysis to better understand how users access and use our Site and Products, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site, our Products, create new features, provide you new offerings, respond to user preferences, and to protect your data.
- Respond to your questions and concerns and provide customer support.
What are my Choices?
Some features of our app use location-based data. If you allow these services, we will use information about the Wi-Fi routers and cell IDs of the towers closest to you. We use this information to facilitate the device’s automatic mode switching, for customer support related to our Products, and to provide you with local emergency service contact information. You may disable location services within your phone’s settings menu.
Video & Audio
You may configure your Caught On Camera device from within the mobile application to capture video and audio of your location within the camera’s range and provide you with notifications. You can set your Caught On Camera device to different modes from within the mobile app menu. Each mode determines when Caught On Camera records audio and video and when you receive notifications and can be customized depending on your settings. You should inform guests of any recording if the camera is on while others are in your home.
How We Share Your Information.
We will share certain categories of your information with third parties only in certain circumstances as described below:
Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is information that contains data that could be used to directly or indirectly identify you, like your name or e-mail address. We only share this information under extremely limited circumstances. Primarily, this information is shared with third parties to provide you necessary Services or to operate your Caught On Camera device. For example, this information is shared on a limited basis to assist in managing the computers that store your personal and device information and to third parties that assist us in providing you with customer support. These third parties are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
Specifically, we may share this information as follows:
- Affiliates- We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates and subsidiaries that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and / or logistics purposes. If we do so, their use and disclosure of your personal information will be subject to this Policy.
- Service Providers- We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf (e.g., with vendors that help us with delivering products to you, vendors that help us maintain our Site, or analytics providers).
- Business Transfers- If we are acquired by or merged with another company, or if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process- We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena. To the extent legally allowed, we will notify you of such requests prior to disclosing any information sought.
- To Protect Us and Others. We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy.
We may share your aggregated and de-identified information, which is anonymized and does not identify you. We may use this information in a variety of ways, including to publish trends about energy use or home security, and to generally improve our offerings. We may also share this anonymized information with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, or similar purposes.
Information We Share with Your Consent
We may share personally identifiable information with third parties provided we receive your consent to share that information. For example, you may opt to share certain information, so it can be posted on your social media accounts like Facebook or Twitter, you may link your Caught On Camera account with another app or Service, or you may opt into providing information to Caught On Camera’s business partners to receive special offers. Information will never be shared for these purposes without your consent. We never share your audio or video information with any third party for business or marketing purposes.
Information Obtained from Third Parties
If you provide personal information about others or if others provide us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Caught On Camera Site (“Log Data”).
This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
In addition, we may use Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze the following:
We use device identifiers to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share such identifiers and other information from your device with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information you’ve provided to them or they’ve collected from your use of their services.
Email & SMS Communications
You may choose to submit your email address through a submission form located on our Site to sign up for communications from Caught On Camera. You may also provide your mobile phone number to Caught On Camera in connection with account registration or otherwise. The email address and mobile phone number associated with your account may also be used to send you news about Caught On Camera, such as new features or marketing promotions, account updates, promotional offers, and information regarding Membership and other premium services. We may use one or more service providers to administer these messages. Caught On Camera does not share your email address or phone number with spammers or any other non-affiliated third parties for their own marketing purposes without your permission. You may opt out of receiving newsletter or marketing communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies, Tracking and Ads
We may automatically collect information about your use of our Site or Services through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies, such as your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you visit; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit our Site and or use our services; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site.
We may use technologies to understand how many household members access your Caught On Camera device(s) at your location or access features within the app. We use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how Caught On Camera devices and the app are used and to provide content and features that are of interest to you. Please refer to our Ads & Cookie Statement for more information about your choices around cookies and related technologies and third-party advertising.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information transmitted to us, both during transmission and upon receipt. No method of transmission or electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about the security of our Products can contact us at email@example.com.
Other Rights & Important Notices
Our Site and Products do not knowingly collect or store any personal information about children under the age of 13.
Our business operations and the computer servers that handle data collected from the app and the device are hosted in the United States. If you are accessing or using the app or the device in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from US law, then please note that your personal information will be transferred to the United States and you consent to such transfer.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Caught On Camera does not share your personally identifiable information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes unless you provide us with consent to do so.
If you are in the US or Canada:
Caught On Camera, Inc.
2193 West Chester Pike, Ste 100
Broomall, Pa 19008
Disclaimer: Legal information is not legal advice. Read the disclaimer.